Use of Personal Information
Your personal information is used in the following ways:
- User IDs and Passwords: Provide you with access to your profile areas and to protected content.
- Account Information: Tells us more about who you are, how to contact you, and your shipping and billing information. Also contains any preferences you have provided, such as language, streaming media format and email preferences.
- Customer Feedback and Support: Provides a mechanism for requesting information from us. Also used to tell us when we must provide support.
- E-mail Correspondence: Used to raise and respond to issues and inquiries of all types. Also used to distribute information about us, our products, and services.
- Transactions: Show which products and services you have requested.
We will only use your personal information in the ways specified when it was collected. We will not subsequently change the way in which we use your personal information, unless you consent to the new usage.
We protect the personal information you share with us. For example, if you make an online purchase with us, we encrypt and do not store your credit card number. Access to your personal information is limited to people who need it to do their job.
Authorized third-party agents may also need access to some of your personal information. For example, if we need to ship something to you, we must share your name and address with a shipping company. We only provide third-party agents with the minimum amount of information needed to complete the requested service or transaction. We do not otherwise share your personal information with third-parties, unless you have granted us permission to do so.
We will not retain your personal information longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. We may process or store your information in any of our datacenters’ databases.
If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, you can still access most of our web sites. Some web sites will not allow you to complete certain activities if cookies are disabled. For example, our e-commerce site uses session cookies and persistent cookies to process transactions. If you do not accept cookies, the associated shopping cart will not work and you would not be able to order.
We need your help in making sure your personal information is correct in our systems. Please notify us of changes to your name, address, title, phone number or e-mail address. Most of our sites allow you to make these updates yourself via the program’s member profile pages.